Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Five Awesome Reasons to Check Out A Live Show Featuring Your Favorite Band

So about a week ago, I got the opportunity to see my favorite band, Something Corporate at The Grove, in Anaheim.  It was awesome! I got to meet the band, and get pictures taken with them! I recommend that everyone see their favorite band at least once, here's why:


1. It's a way to show your support for them
       Bands love to see their fans.  Many artists actually like meeting their fans and getting to know the people who are listening to their music, and supporting them.  It is encouraging for them, and it makes them more excited to make more music.

2. You can't spend Friday night inside all the time
      Have you ever spent a friday night at home wondering what to do on a Friday night? Catching a show is something fun to do with friends, on your own, or maybe even on a date. You like the band...after all, they are your favorite!

3. Going to a show is your best chance at meeting the band
      Going to a show is a guarantee that the band will   actually be there...as oppose to simply hoping that someday fate will put you in the same place, at the same time, as the band members you want to meet.  Typically, if you stick around after a show, bands are willing to come out and sign autographs and take pictures with you...let's face it, your the reason why they do what they do!

4. It's a great way of discovering new up-and-coming bands
      Before your favorite band hits the stage, there often times are one or two bands that open for them.  I find that I usually like the bands that open, and I am able to discover their music, before they make it big.  Most of the biggest bands now started out as opening bands! I like finding new bands at shows also because you get a chance to see how they actually sound...without all the editing from the studio.  You can spot whether or not they have the talent.

5. Going to a show is a great way to meet new friends with similar interests
       I follow my two favorite bands, and see them frequently.  As a result, I am able to meet other people who are also big fans of my favorite bands, as they usually attend the same shows that I do! I have made many a friend that way.  Just last week at the show I went to, I met two girls, who met through going to Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin shows.  One girl was from Chicago, and another from California! They became great friends, and I became friends with them as well.  Shows are a great way to get out there and meet new people that you may not have otherwise met!

I challenge you to get up, and check out a show...there's nothing like it!

*Andrew Mcmahon photo taken by Amy Lane....Perhaps one of the biggest Something Corporate and Jack's Mannequin fans I have ever met!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment