Sunday, October 31, 2010

Political Ads:No One Cares

Of course, I am all for the American citizens right to vote, and the right of politicians to campaign for office.  However...COME ON GUYS!!! It is completely ridiculous the amount of political advertisements on tv lately.  First off, most people do not even pay attention to them (I know I don't), because all we care about is (insert whatever television program you are trying to watch).  People go the fridge during commercial, we skip over the commercials on Tivo ( thank goodness).  So why all the ads? I'm not quite sure if they realize that irritating voters is probably not the best of all campaign strategies.



Even though, I hate the frequency of the ads, what I can't stand most is how ridiculous the ads themselves are.  Note to politicians: just because your opponent screwed up, or got rid of millions of American jobs and gave them to India, or ruined an entire company Ebay, or looked at you funny,or...WHATEVER, does not make you good!  If a politicians campaign is so focused on how terrible the opponent is, I wonder " are they trying to say that they aren't AS BAD AS ( fill in the blank)? Well, are they bad, just not THAT bad? Well...that's comforting!"Anyway, the ads are super agitating, and I'm starting to doubt that we have any politicians that are good at anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment