Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kobe Blunder

I really don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about the comment that Kobe made during the game.  I have played sports for a really long time, and I know that when you are in the heat of the game, sometimes your temper can very easily get the best of you.  I have had similar reactions myself when I have been upset.  The term that Kobe used, while it can be offensive to some, is something that can be said without actually talking about gay people.  I know that Kobe was probably not actually thinking about a gay person when he said it.  It could have been equivalent to someone saying stupid idiot.  The only thing is, he is famous so anything people can do to make an example out of him people will, so he should know by now, that he has Kobe careful about what he says and does.  I think gay activists are always looking to be offended, and are always looking to be a victim.  I think that, yes, we need to erase that word from regular use, because it is hurtful, as hurtful as a racial slur, but I don't think it should be taken to the extent that it is with Kobe.  I just think they are happy to see him make that mistake, just to make an example, and I don't think that is fair.  So, I see his wrong....but give the dude a break. Kobe, watch your attitude kids are watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment