Saturday, June 11, 2011

Top Albums that can Never be Topped

I thought I would do something fun today and remember the albums that shaped, in my opinion, and entire generation.  The music that I listened to throughout high school and college, is still my very favorite! I thought that I would give you the run down:

Saves The Day: "Stay What You Are"
Chris Connelly and Saves The Day really came through on this album.  This album is one that I still play over and over.  I love the energy, the sound that really grabs a hold of you.  It is an amazing album that I listen to when working out, or just in the mood to rock  out!  In my opinion the best songs on the album are "firefly", "This is not an exit", and "Nightingale".

Brand New: "Deja Entendu"
Don't get me wrong, I truly do love to listen to "My Favorite Weapon" and "The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me", "Deja Entendu" truly is the only album that really brings me home when I listen to it.  I love this album because it is so incredibly deep, and I love the truth, and nitty gritty that they deal with about life.  The best songs on the record, to me, are "Play Crack the Sky", "Me and Madonna vs. Elvis", and "Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades".

Something Corporate: "North"
Something Corporate just so happens to be my very favorite band of all time! I love this album because it is so beautiful and deep.  It is a bit melancholy but, the band has such an amazing way of pinning the perfect lyrics, to a brilliant melody.  They can word things in  a way that many bands cannot, and as the result, thier songs carry a lot of meaning.  The best songs on the album are: "Ruthless", "Me and the Moon", and "She Paints me Blue"

Taking Back Sunday: "Tell All Your Friends"
When I think about High School, I think about this album.  This album, and the craziness of everything that was going down between Brand New, and Taking Back Sunday was such a big deal at that age.  I was amazed by the bickering that went back and forth between them, and the harshness of their lyrics.  They say what the mean, they are mean, and they sound awesome! The best songs are: "Your so Last Summer", "Cute without the 'E Cut From the Team", "There is no 'I' in Team".


The Early November: The Acoustic EP
These guys were one of the awesomest bands on Drive Thru for a while.  This acoustic album was so great! I love the voice of Ace Enders, and their music made me think a lot.  It was pretty emotional music, but they were so incredibly talented.  The best songs on the album: "Ever So Sweet", and "I want to Hear you Sad"

Jack's Mannequin: Everything in Transit
This album is my absolute favorite album ever. I love this album because it is the album that I can relate to the most out of any album that I have ever heard.  The issues that he deals with are almost a mirror to the things going on in my own life.  The way that he explores life, and the describes his time figuring himself out and becoming an adult and taking a break from his true love, and his life to do some soul searching and his reflection on it...it inspires me so much! The best songs on the album: "The Mixed Tape", "Rescued", and "Made for Each Other"

Dashboard Confessional: Swiss Army Romance
Though he has been labeled as "emo", and his songs are incredibly emotional, and sad...he is a musical genius.  His voice seriously melts my heart, and he is perhaps the greatest song writer on the planet.  What can I say? I am "a sucker, for anything acoustic". The best songs on the album are "Hands Down", "The Places You Have Come To Fear the Most".

These are the albums I love the most, but there are still a few that were also great.  My list could go on and on, but here are a few more:

Getup Kids: "Four Minute Mile"
Death Cab For Cutie: "Transatlanticism"
Acceptance: "Phantom"
Copeland: "Beneath the Medicine Tree"
Modest Mouse: "Good News for People Who Love Bad News"
New Found Glory": "Sticks and Stones"

wow...I Really miss those High School times!

No comments:

Post a Comment