Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just Google It

"Google it".  That is a phrase that everyone says.  You can find everything about anything on Google.  This is a company that has marketed so successfully, and has taken over the entire internet, and debatably the world! Google is not just a website anymore...it's a verb, it's what you do.  Countless times I have searched Google to solve arguments with friends, and i can't help but wonder how it got to be such a phenomenon? If we "google it" we believe it.  It has become the source of truth in the eyes of the massives.    But how? How did Google get my brain to the point where, it is the first thing I think of when I think of the internet? How is it the only website I really think of when I do a search? How does it surpass, Yahoo, and Bing, and whatever other search engines there are? Google it. It's crazy. Whatever "it" is, they have done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment