Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reality Tv: A Paradox

I found this online, it is hilarious.  This is reality tv!
Reality TV has become more and more mainstream, much more common over the past few years.  When I think about shows like "The Real World", "Laguna Beach", "The Hills", "America's Next Top Model", "The Real Housewives of Miami", I can see how reality has taken over completely.  Today I finally decided to cave in and see what "Jersey Shore" was all about.  All that happens on the show, is people hook up with each other, cheat on each other, fight with each other, and drink all day.  I was confused.  I don't know anyone in the world who really gets to live a life like that, free of any responsibility, not have a job, or pay rent, and still get to go out and party all night. To me, I see reality tv as a paradox because it is completely the opposite of anything in actual reality.  To tell you the truth, I'm not sure there is any reason why I watch a lot of these shows except that I find it hilarious, and it makes me realize how great and true my life actually is. Plus, making fun is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment